Pat is one of Australia’s “All Time” distance running greats. Listed below are his major achievements.
- 1st place – 1995 Beppu Marathon (2:09:39)
- 4 time winner of the Gold Coast Marathon 83/84/88/97, where there was 14 years separating Pat’s first and fourth win
- 2 time winner (94/96) Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon
- current holder of the Australian all comers record for the Half Marathon: 61min 11sec
- member of Silver Medal Australian Team @ 1993 World Half Marathon Championship
- awarded Australian Sports Medal
- one of Australia’s most versatile distance runners ever having run 3.39.03 for 1500metre’s (3.56 mile) and also a 2:09:39 Marathon
- represented Australia 18 times
- finished in the top 8 at three Commonwealth Games
- 1988/1999 Australian Marathon Champion
- 1991 Australian Cross Country Champion
- twice runner up in Sydney’s City to Surf
- Qld record holder: Half Marathon/Marathon
When Pat ran 2:09:39 for the Marathon (1995) and 61:11 for the Half Marathon (1994), both performances were 13th fastest & 12th fastest in the World for the respective years.
Pat is still ranked 4th on the Australian all-time list for the Marathon behind Rob De Castella, Steve Moneghetti and Derek Clayton.
Pat is ranked 5th on the Australian all-time list for the Half Marathon behind Darren Wilson, Steve Moneghetti, Collis Birmingham and Lee Troop.
Pat retired from competitive running in 2000 and now mentors running both Online and Onland www.patcarroll.com.au. Pat also MC numerous events around Australia AND Overseas and he will be on the mic @ the Gold Coast 100.